Student Services Manager
Salary c. £45,000 – £50,000 dependent on experience
Based London, King’s Cross
The post holder will lead the Student Services team to deliver a ‘one-stop shop’ approach to meeting a growing number of graduate students’ pastoral and other non-academic needs and welfare. The role involves the management, operation and enhancement of services in a students’ life cycle ranging from marketing and admissions to graduation.
The role involves leading, deploying and managing a small team as well as supporting academic quality assurance systems and regulatory frameworks (UKVI Tier 4 licence) in conjunction with the Head of Department, the Programme Leaders of the two graduate programmes, and IIS’ partner institutions.
The post holder will be required to support the IT Department in setting up and implementing an effective student management system in order to maximise and enhance services to students and staff.
The post holder will also act as the main contact and liaison point for the IIS’ own student accommodation at King’s Cross.
You will have:
• A good understanding of legislation governing student administration, particularly international students and an overall understanding of current issues in higher education, including UKVI Tier 4 guidance.
• Good organisational and planning abilities, as well as the ability to manage a varied and pressured workload (for self and team).
• Proven track record of leading, managing and motivating people within the higher education sector, ideally in student support services
• Solid understanding of registry functions and processes within the HE sector in UK, including compliance and student records
• Experience of managing, and implementing student record systems
• Good knowledge of IT solutions and its applications within the HE environment.
• Strong understanding of students experience and student pastoral support and a demonstrable ability to relate to graduate students from diverse backgrounds
• Substantial IT skills as well as good oral and written communication abilities
• A degree or an equivalent level of professional experience/education.
Due to UK Immigration regulations we can only accept applications from candidates who have a legal right to work in the UK.
Please apply online below, where you can also download the job description and person specification.
If you have any queries, please email Caroline Gomez in Human Resources email@example.com The closing date for applications is Sunday 27 October 2019.