atsec information security is a company focused on providing IT security analysis services to our customers.
We have over ten years' experience in supporting leading blue-chip companies with their security assurance needs.
We have government and commercial accreditations as testing/evaluation laboratories in the US, Germany, and Sweden, and complement our laboratory services with a full range of information security consulting services.
More information about atsec can be found at www.atsec.com
atsec is looking for individuals with an technical and analytical background to join our team of security testers and evaluators, as full-time employees in Austin, Texas. This may be at an entry-level, senior or principal level, depending on your applicable work experience and skill sets.
Your primary responsibility will be to perform IT security product evaluations and testing in at least one of atsec's accredited laboratories.
You will contribute to a variety of atsec's security projects, with a wide range of activities including performing security related analysis and testing, authoring security reports, and mentoring customers and colleagues. You will be able to apply your understanding of security principles to a variety of IT products.
You will have opportunities to master and serve as a reference in one or more technical domains (such as, cryptography, hardware security, software engineering, virtualization and operating systems); support atsec customers in security related areas; and become or continue to be a recognized industry expert in your field.
All atsec staff are expected to contribute to internal projects such as training and development of our management systems.
- IT security or CS degree (other technical disciplines may be acceptable), or equivalent experience; basic understanding of security principles
- ability to maintain relationships with customers and third parties
- ability to follow atsec’s management system policies and procedures.
- ability to self-sufficiently manage own time schedule in order to meet project deadlines and accommodate other work assignments, and to understand and proactively manage dependencies between work assignments within and between projects
- ability to write reports according to the atsec style guide
- diligence when completing administrative tasks (time sheets, expense reports, etc.)
- willingness to learn and accept advice
- willingness to travel as necessary in support of atsec's business
Additional requirements for senior or principal consultants
- profound understanding of security principles, (including risk management, threat modeling, specifications, implementation, testing, and vulnerability assessments,)
- being able to serve as a lead in a specialist role without technical supervision
- a recognized industry expert (or in the process of becoming one)
- project management skills
- security testing of IT products
- knowledge of the FIPS 140-x family of standards
- knowledge of the Common Criteria family of standards
- knowledge of the US security testing programs and evaluation schemes, and of the applicable requirements and standards relevant to them.
Group health & dental insurance; paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays; company-matched group 401(k); disability and life insurance; flexible work hours; opportunities to advance your skills; and a great team spirit.
If offered employment, candidates must successfully complete a background check of past activities to include criminal records, previous employment, driving record, and credit history. The law requires all new hires to present proof of identity and employment eligibility.
atsec's continuing policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law. atsec adheres to all city, state, and federal laws with respect to equal employment opportunity.